Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympics Beauty?

Enjoying the Olympics? We are. But what about the confession by the Chinese that the child singer "wasn't pretty enough" to be included in the opening ceremony, she had to lip synch for the one who appeared.

I was appalled.

I think both of the little girls are beautiful. How tragic for the one who really sang to be told this.

Women have enough difficulties feeling beautiful. And children and teens must be carefully encouraged these days to sense their own uniqueness when comparisons are constantly made through the media. When perfection is so touted. When you must be this or that to be accepted.

I want our granddaughter who is nine to know that she is so precious just as she is, and that she doesn't need to meet any standard of beauty. I had to teach myself to feel good about what I looked like and I want to build that in her so Calysta doesn't need to!

God created us and he knew what form we would take while we were in the womb according to Psalm 139! "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

God doesn't create junk as someone said years ago!

You are beautiful . . .

Jo

No comments: