Sunday, March 30, 2008

Through a Child's Eyes

When our granddaughter was just months past the age of three and we visited, she hadn't seen me for awhile. Maycn lovingly hugged me and as I used my two forearm crutches to walk in our daughter's home, suddenly, Maycn disappeared!

Not seconds later she appeared walking with two pieces of plastic (from some toy) and looking just like she was using crutches. She walked up to me with a grin. My husband, of course, shot the picture of us standing next to each other using "our" crutches.

Children pick up on those who are different!

I used my power chair this past Thursday at a speaking event, which was in a church where the children from the school were also using the same restroom as I. All of the cute little girls smiled. One came over to hug me. Another said, "I'm going to get one of those for me!" and I thought, her mom and dad might have something to say about that!

The point is, children are watching. If we're disabled, we have an opportunity to be a light to them. Or a darkened room without a light bulb.

If we are Christians, we can let the Spirit's light shine through any of our weaknesses for God's glory to these little ones whose minds are ready to pick up on each and every thought or expression we show and word we speak.

I hope to be a light to each and every one of them. They are precious in God's sight!

Have a light-filled day!
Jo

No comments: