Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Busy-ness

Yesterday I began updating the Speakers page on my website with new topics for events as well as adding referrals for other specific talks for which I've been requested. I hate my computer program for my website. Is "hate" too strong a word for a program that can't keep up with my typing on the page and I must sit and wait for words to fill in before making a line break? We're planning on revising my entire site this June--with a completely different program! But this has served me for several years. I guess I shouldn't complain . . .

I sat here typing and getting more and more frustrated with the program while the impending list of things I need to get done just underneath my notes beckoned me.

Where was the joy that began my day in a sweet time with God when I heard Him speak to my heart about His love for me? I was caught in the busy-ness and couldn't get out. My chagrin at 6 pm when I finally exited my office, exhausted, only verified my loss.

When Ray asked me if I accomplished what I wanted done, I said, "I wasted so much time. I just don't want to talk about it." And for once, I let go of energy-draining guilt and I enjoyed my evening by congratulating myself on not "guilting myself," which I can do too easily, being a recovering guiltaholic.

As deer surprise us in our backyard (and since they have come around since we moved here seven years ago, we shouldn't be surprised), we feel such delight.

When Jaz sits on my lap at my computer and purrs I feel a smile come over my face (and I love dogs, you dog-lovers!)

If I savor my apple at lunch I'm awakening my senses to another of God's gifts.

When someone calls, interrupting my work, if I'm kind I sense God's pleasure.

While I work, turning to the window and checking out the new spring blossoms cheers me up.

Ray's calls from work during the day and our ending each with, "I love you, baby," always warm my heart.

I read a ski magazine article that was titled, "Have You Heard a Mountain Laugh?"
Psalm 98:4 and 8 say: "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music. . . Let the sea resound, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy."

I just want to keep busy-ness in its place and sense the fullness of the life God has given me with joy! How about you?

Have a looking-for-joyful-moments kind of week and keep the busy-ness in check!
Jo

No comments: